Thursday 10 February 2011

MirloCam Evo3 -CableCam- (Blackbird Cam, from Spain)

Absolutely impressive is the work done by Emilio Avila, from Cordoba (Spain)
Just a home-made cable-cam fully operative and functional. Is not a "helmetcam", but it's 100% "experience"

Watch this:



Is not easy reach that quality level. That is the third evolution for this 'blackbird'. At next photos you can see the previous 'Mirlo I' and 'Mirlo II'



and finally, the "MIRLO EVO3 CARBON", ¡great!



* Carbon fiber chasis and aluminium
* Tamiya engine with electronic speed control
* Futaba servos tuned to 360º (transverse and longitudinal axis)
* Radio controller and receiver, 4 channels, 2.4 mhz
* Wireless video transmitter 1.2 Ghz
* FPV case with 7" monitor 12v.
* 100 meters rope. (waiting for a 200 meters steel wire)
* Cámera: GoPro HD. (waiting for a Canon 550d

As you can see the results are very proffesionals. Movement is sweet, and speedy enough, and the vibration and oscillation are not notable.

I hope watch soon the next full mtb video by Emilio ('Agacha el Lomo' team) using the MirloCam
Next time in HD quality (I expect), like this: (select 720p to view)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to duplicate your design. I was wondering if you could help me out. All I've done is draw up some sketches of what I think the design looks like. The whole mount is brilliant from what I can tell. If at all possible, could you send me some detailed design specifications? Any advice would be a huge help.

montonm said...

Hi, gopro.fan11
Design and manufacturing are not mine but from Emilio Avila, aka 'argarrobo'

You can try contact to him here:
GoProUser.freeforums.org

He did start this thread:
http://goprouser.freeforums.org/cablecam-for-gopro-hd-t2847.html#p17460

I wish you luck

Anonymous said...

I'm making a GoPro cable cam and I have finished it except for the motor drive. I have tried a few different ideas but the wheel just spins on the rope. Any sites of pictures you could give me to improve the traction/grips I get from the drive train.
Fantastic design you have there. I hope you go far in life

Kind Regards
Andrew

Lego lover said...

¿Dónde comprar el transmisor de vídeo y para qué se apaga? gracias

Anonymous said...

Además, ¿de dónde sacaste las ruedas adecuadas?

Anonymous said...

I would think all you would need to do is apply a resonable amount of pressure to the rope and put rubber grip on the wheel on the rope. BTW have you made one and is it all working apart from the motor?

Anonymous said...

If it is working could you please post the items you used to make it?

montonm said...

Hello, sorry for delaying.

Design and manufacturing are not mine but from Emilio Avila, aka 'argarrobo'

For your questions about traction, you can try to contact him here:
GoProUser.freeforums.org

He did start this thread:
GoProUser.freeforums.org

I'm just testing my first simple prototype without any motor.

I wish you luck

montonm said...

this is the thread:
http://goprouser.freeforums.org/cablecam-for-gopro-hd-t2847.html#p17460